Staff RN - OrthopedicsSubmit InterestRemove from Favorites Location Atlanta, GAAdditional Locations:
Description:KP nurses advance the art & science of nursing in a patient-centered healing environment through their professional practice & leadership. KP nurses are guided by an integrated nursing model that places patients & families in the center. Our nurses embody a set of core values & professional behaviors that define who we are. The Staff Registered Nurse practices professional nursing as defined by the Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act & by organizational policies, procedures & guidelines. Provides nursing care for patients, members & families to restore & promote health & to prevent illness & injury. Collaborates w/ leadership & members of the Health Care Team to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe care & service.
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient & Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork & Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients w/in his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, & develop, implement & evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. 43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses & triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies & others using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient & work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of safe & effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality & service & as a resource, coach & mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Initiates & monitors IV therapy, administration of medications & other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists w/ procedures & nursing care w/in scope of practice & skill. Monitors patients' response during & after the procedure.
- Manages electronic messaging & e-mail related to patient & provider requests & inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate through triage & direct response to the member w/in scope of practice &/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations & initiate appropriate nursing interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment & staff knowledge & skill.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions & patient response according to established guidelines & policies.
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals, scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions, obtain & integrate lab, x-ray & other results, & manage physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners w/ team to provide excellent customer service, respond to patient issues & complaints & initiate service recovery procedure.
- Assesses patient & family health education needs, provides health teaching & counseling & evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions & coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS & improvement activities.
- Demonstrates professional behavior & appearance at all times.
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of RN experience.
- Successful completion of accredited RN School of Nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelor's (BSN) degree.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Glenlake Medical Offices 20 Glenlake Pkwy.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon - FriWorking Hours Start: 8:00 AMWorking Hours End: 5:00 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: UFCW - Local 1996Job Level: Entry LevelJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: OrthopedicsTravel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements > Submit Interest