LVN IISubmit InterestRemove from Favorites Location Los Angeles, CAAdditional Locations:
Description:Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan of the organization. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats co-workers, patients, families and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Representative Duties: Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Internal Bidding Period: 04/17/2019 to 04/23/2019
Pay Grade: 25
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years) experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
- Preferred Pediatrics experience.- Preferred Ambulatory/Outpatient experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- This is a part time position, days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,4700 Sunset Medical Offices 4700 W. Sunset Blvd.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start: 9:00 AMWorking Hours End: 5:30 PMJob Schedule: Call-in/On-CallJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: United Healthcare Workers - WestJob Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Nursing LicensedSpecialty: LVN / LPNDepartment: Ambulatory Pediatrics DepartmentTravel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements > Submit Interest