Complete Genomics / MGI is seeking a junior level scientist with interest in developing surface-based biological assays for high-throughput DNA sequencing. The position emphasizes research on solutions of biopolymers and chemically patterned surfaces, used in the final stages of preparing DNA samples for high-throughput sequencing. The junior scientist will work to improve understanding of these systems and work to increase overall data yield and quality of DNBseq™ based instruments and processes. The goal is to produce improved methods of arraying target DNA molecules at high density for DNA high-throughput sequencing (HTS).
- Work with a team of experts to develop, improve, and implement methods of arraying DNBs (DNA Nano-Balls) on chemically patterned substrates.
- Research and develop processes that maximize the performance of our next-generation of HTS instruments, improving quality, cost, and reliability.
- Carry out experiments both independently and with other groups and team members.
- Participate and contribute in group meetings sharing data on experimental design, goals, troubleshooting, and results.
- Provide technical expertise, material and hands-on support as needed to achieve departmental and company goals.
- MS with 1-2 years’ experience or PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, physical chemistry, or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques involving proteins and nucleic acids.
- Demonstrated strength in working within a team and with cross-functional partners, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills.
- Experience with surface chemistry aspects of bio-chip based assays.
- Experience with optimization of enzymatic reactions on DNA.
- Experience with surface analysis and characterization methods.
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience with properties of colloidal particles.
- Coding and data analysis skills are a plus.
Company:Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resume to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.