Working as a Data Engineer for the Technology unit in North America, you will be working with other BI specialists and data analysts to deliver leading-edge solutions to our clients from various industries. By working together, you will help solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions in the field of physical and digital infrastructure, all through the application of data science.
Key work activities involve working closely with a multidiscipline Project Team to identify customer needs, formulating solutions based on best fit innovative technologies, collaborating with the Development Team in preparing design requirements, and monitoring product status throughout the development lifecycle.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating interfaces to various data sources and work with team on data model design and implementation;
- Algorithmic optimization to streamline analytical outcomes;
- Applying advanced analytics to large data sets as needed;
- Works with the team to ensure successful and scalable implementation of business intelligence deliverables.
Mott MacDonald recruits all staff based on their values, abilities, and skills, which are tested at interview. The core abilities required include a natural ability to think laterally and strategically with an analytical mindset, and natural problem-solving abilities. You should also have natural communication skills, and the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to a layperson. You must also be able to self-manage your time and project commitments through organization and self-dependence.
The key skills required for the role are:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience plus appropriate degree;
- Received a bachelor’s in the fields of Science or Mathematics or related degree;
- Hands on experience working with BI developers and data analysts to understand the reporting requirements and build out data models for reporting;
- Strong hands on experience with SQL, preferably in SQL Server, SSRS/SSAS/SSIS;
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with ELT and ETL principles;
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience with Azure & AWS based big data technologies like Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure ML Studio/Workbench, Databricks, Cortana Intelligence Suite, Redshift etc. is required;
- Experience with Logic Apps or Microsoft Flow is required;
- Experience in batch and real-time data processing;
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience working with complex and large data sets in a multi-sector environment;
- Proficient in creating optimized stored procedures and other integration techniques within the database;
- Proficiency in working with Azure Services is required;
- Experience with the following tools: Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, Word;
- Proficiency and hands-on scripting experience with Spark, Python, U-SQL, R, PySpark, SparkR, Scala, Hive is preferred;
- Proficiency with the programming languages of R, SAS, Python, MatLab, and Java is preferred;
- Proficiency in Azure DevOps is preferred;
- Self-motivated and creative in applying innovative thinking in solving complex problems;
- Professional and respectful when leading and or participating on matrix teams;
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and technical writing skills;
- Ability to deliver product solutions in a structured environment using company templates and tools (e.g., design, delivery and deployment experience of Business Intelligence projects);
- Commitment to continuous professional development;
- Understanding of good information and document and data management and organization;
- Flexible on location to Houston/Austin market, Massachusetts, or New Jersey.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. , , .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Information technology, Planning and modelling