A doctoral student is a research enthusiast,
› …whose interests are scientific research combined with the passion for Infineon’s innovative products and applications.
› …who enjoys working in an industrial environment in combination with an Infineon partner university.
› …who appreciates open communication and the contribution of an international environment.
› …and is thus an excellent candidate for a further academic or industrial career after completion of their thesis.
As the ideal candidate you:
- Are eligible for full-time PhD studies;
- Have a university’s master degree in electrical engineering, physics or equivalent;
- Possess an interest and first experience in quantum technologies;
- Have the willingness to coordinate industry and university partners;
- Bring a background in semiconductor industry as a plus;
- Show flexibility to travel between the company sites and universities;
- Are fluent in English and German.
The tasks within the thesis will consist of:
- The theory of quantum devices (TWPA, transmon, flux qubit);
- Working on the layout of test structures for quantum devices;
- Realization, characterization and simulation (microwave regime) of TWPA;
- The integration into the manufacturing landscape (concepts, materials, processes);
- The further characterization at sub-Kelvin temperatures in cooperation with our partner institutes;
- The assessment of the industrial scalability of superconducting quantum devices.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Automotive (ATV) shapes the future of mobility with micro-electronics enabling clean, safe and smart cars –
Semiconductors are essential to realize key trends like eMobility, automated driving and secure, connected cars. Infineon ATV is the #1 semiconductor partner in the fast-changing automotive world, based on our system knowledge coupled with our passion for innovation and quality. We are a key driver in the ever-advancing pace of digitalization in the automotive industry.
- The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Does this sound like just the right challenge for you? If so, we look forward to getting to know you!
(It only takes 90 seconds)