This master thesis projects aims to analyze the circular nature of innovation in complex evolving systems. In particular, the student(s) will perform a case study of crowdfunding in the cooperative to analyze how new technologies are allowing producers and retailers to revisit older ideals.
- The domains are innovation and crowdfunding.
- The intended theory draws on the concept of digital probes.
- The method will rely on qualitative analysis and semi-structured interviews.
- The thesis will require that the student(s) gather and analyse data, then elaborate, adapt, or redefine a proposed theoretical model to explain how historical ideals are revisited and re-energized when faced with new technological worlds.
- The expected results include a theoretical model to better explain why organizational adaptations often repeat certain themes over time.